Tian Tan Buddha (The Big Buddha)
The Tian Tan Buddha is one of the largest outdoor sitting Buddha statue and is located near Po Lin Monastery on Lantau Island. Visitors can climb the 268 steps to see the Tian Tan Buddha and also experience a great view from the top. It is free to look around the outside of the Buddha, but there is an admission fee to go inside the Buddha.
|Average Cost:||0 - 80 HKD|
|Hours of Operation:||
Monday to Sunday - 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
|Listing Type:||Activities - Sightseeing|
Community Submitted Photos: (Add a Photo)
Location Information:Address: Po Lin Monastery, Ngong Ping, Lantau Island
District: Islands, NT
Area Name: Lantau Island
Country: Hong Kong
1. Take Lantau Bus No. 23 at the bus station outside Tung Chung MTR Station to Ngong Ping Bus Terminus.
2. Take Ngong Ping Cable Car at the Cable Car Station outside Tung Chung MTR Station; take an additional 10-minute walk to the Monastery.
3. Take First Ferry from Central Pier to Mui Wo, and take Lantau Bus No.2 to Ngong Ping Bus Terminus.
4. Take Lantau Bus No. 21 at the bus stop in Tai O to Ngong Ping Bus Terminus
5. Take a Lantau Island taxi.
Information from http://www.plm.org.hk/eng/visitors.php